Thursday, December 10, 2015

Final Reflective Post


I must admit that at first I thought this class was going to be a piece of cake, but soon enough I discovered that was not the case. The material was not hard to learn, but it was more in depth than I had expected, which made it a challenge.
I found the assignments to be not overly complicated, especially the blog posts, but they are a little time consuming. When you have to work with a program that you are not familiar with, it takes a while to get to know it; there are also programs that are easier to work with.
I personally gained a lot of knowledge; there were things like the animated videos that I thought you had to go to school to learn how to do, but you don't. I must also confess that it feels really cool to show your friends what you did in the computer.
I had a little trouble with the book because I had gotten the old edition, so the chapters were in different orders, and with different names; hat was a challenge. At the end I figure it out and was able to successfully completes my homework.
The discussions and the group projects were a great idea. That allow us to virtually get to know each other a little better; I think discussions are a great way to get the minds going.  It's healthy for us to organize out thoughts, understand them, and put them in words in a polite manner. It also trains us on how to listen to others and whether we agree or disagree, we show respect for one another.


 









1 comment:

  1. It is true that this class and its demands are challenging and despite trying to 'warn' students about the time commitment, it always seems to 'catch' up with them after a missed assignment or procrastinated (and less than expected) post. All in all, you have demonstrated the solid foundation of knowledge and skills in educational technology to take you to your next level. I hope that you will continue to explore (and brag about!) those newly developed skills. The level of confidence (and engagement) you will see in your own students will be worth it! Best wishes as you continue to pursue your teaching career. :)

    ReplyDelete