Sunday, October 25, 2015

Digital Blog Post #H

   

Video in the classroom

Videos are a great way to expand the comprehension of any material. There are a lot of websites for teachers like PBS Teachers, TeacherTube and The Futures Channel that have very good material in any subject you can think off. I know I loved watching videos when I was going to school.

Photo taking and movie making by students 

I wished that when I went to school we had the opportunity to use cameras to work on a picture taking or video making project. I feel like this give the students the opportunity to express themselves in a different way; not everyone is capable of transferring their selves onto paper. This will be something I will definitely use in my classes. They could record different things, explore and maybe even discover a passion for it and take it to a professional level.

Podcast and vodcast as tools for teaching 

I am not very familiarized with podcasts but I see why is a good instrument to reach out to kids; they are usually listening to music or watching something on their phones or music players anyways. I always saw them as audios for lectures on all kids of subjects but according to the book even news organizations like PBS and the New York Times use them. I do listen to lectures, from a different apps, even when am grocery shopping and to me is just awesome to have that capability. Life can get a little hectic with all there is to do, and having the ability of multitasking is awesome. 



Resources

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2011). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 1st Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

Valladares, B. (2015, October 21). Video in the classroom. [Image File] retrieved from http://www.bitstripsforschools.com on October 21, 2015.

Valladares, B. (2015, October 21). Expressing Creativity. [Image file] Retrieved from https://www.canva.com/design/DABgAc4-iYE/-CE3L7WQPYiO9wgbriG-Tw/edit on October 21, 2015.

1 comment:

  1. Love how your creatively used both Canva and BitStrips to express your thoughts about the multimedia technologies that can be used to transform learning! :) I am a huge fan of using images, video and audio podcasting when ever fitting in the curriculum, so glad you are willing to give them some attention in your future classroom.

    ReplyDelete